Tuesday, April 30, 2002

my dream... a trip to Michelle's

Last night, I dreamt about Michelle's house and my life in that world:
I am a city girl. I always have been, and I always will be. I was born and bread in noise, and I will always need it to survive. That's why I live in the city.
I've gotten a vacation. A man, who vaguely looks like Mr. Bower (my sixth grade history teacher), finally gave me a long weekend to go and get out. I'm a cop. The uniform I'm in proves this. My last case must have been tough, because all I can think of is the cool breeze, the salty air, and sitting by the fireplace and talking to my bestfriend Michelle while petting the dog.
My appartment is small. Living by myself, I don't need anything big, and my work keeps me busy. All my things are at Michelle's which is where I consider home base. That's my home. The place where I feel welcome and recharged. My parents are in another country, and my brother, Jan, lives in a large house elsewhere.
Walking into my appartment, one notices the cultural aspects of it. I must have recently moved here, because there are still boxes all over the place. However knowing me, that's because I don't have the time or patience to unpack.
(I'll explain more about what my appartment looks like in another entry)
After having my dinner I get back into my car (uniform and all) and I start the long drive to the seaside. My taste in music hasn't changed. I can hear "Carrie-Ann" and "My kind of town Chicago is..." Playing on the Oldies radio station I have on.
The drive takes what seems like forever, but finally I reach the village where the majority of my friends live. I immediately drive to the pub, where I'm greeted by Caldon and Alecia (Who have married? :-/ ) and run it. Apparently my usual is a draft beer, but I go for something a little stronger. What I don't know, but it comes in a tall glass, and it's a double something.
After talking with Caldohn and Alecia for a little while Ashleigh comes in, Ida's right behind her. They're talking about the latest soap I think, and Ash and I chat for a few moments. Then realising the time I decide I should probably go. I'm really tired and a good home cooked dinner by Michelle and a warm bed sounds perfect.
Then Alecia tells me that Michelle's called and asked if I could bring some things with me. I take the shopping list and head to the various spots:
1. The supermarket, where I run into Christine. We talk in Dutch about how things have changed in town. And along the way we run into Fahina who's looking at condoms? I don't really remember. After buying the things on the list I run over to the next stop.
2. The library. Michelle's writing a book. It must have something to do with her travels over the years, because before I know it, I'm talking to Heather (who's the librarian) and checking out a book called "Moscow, Russia, and Eastern Europe." I have one more stop left.
3. The town hall. I leave a message for Deb saying that I'm in town for the weekend and would love to see her and her family sometime. Her secretary who oddly enough is Daniel smiles and places the letter in her inbox. The guy's so scared of me. I think it might be the uniform. Atleast he isn't running after me in my dream!!!!
I get into the car and drive the last few miles to Michelle's place. Chris's car is in the driveway, so I take it that he's having dinner with us. Nothing unnatural. I walk in (the door's never locked) and go to the kitchen to put away the food.
(If you want to know what the house looks like got to Michelle's diary aka missy_angel_eyes)
Then I find her and chris in the living room drinking what looks like wine. I hug them both and then excuse myself to go shower and change. (Why the hell I didn't shower and change in my own apartment I don't know?!)
I feel at peace when I'm in bed later that night, and it's with that peaceful feeling that I wake up.
Quotation:
Bud talking to Harriet on the phone:
Bud: "Harriet, with your parents? no, no, no I am working with Commander Rabb and
Major McKenzie, they need me, yes its true.... no I am not, Excuse me Major but
Harriet would like to speak with you."
Mac: "Harriet ? We are in the middle of an investigation... but I'm sure we could spare
Bud for half a day. You're welcome, Harriet. Bye."
Bud: "Major, did you just sell me out ?"
Mac: "I'm giving you the day off, Bud."

No comments: