Thursday, May 02, 2002

Episode 3

Here goes... For episode 2 look at Michelle's entry. :D
So, I've lost almost all table manners. Because my breakfast usually consits of a cup of coffee from the staff room, and a bagel that my partner's wife sends for me each morning, there isn't really any table manners to keep up. I guess that's why during breakfast with Michelle (Chris already left, he had an appointment with a patient who will be kept annonymous for the moment) I spent my time cleaning my gun. My newest hobby ever since I joined the force.
After breakfast I decided to go to town. I offered to take Michelle along, but she said that now that she had that book I'd brought her, she might as well do something productive.
Productive my ass.. by the end of the day she had done nothing but lounge around... But you can get that from her.
Town was as usual.. there was little to do... I wonder where all the fishermen dudes are?! I head for Christine's house which looks like a smurf hut. The garden outside is covered in toys from the four children she somehow pumped out. Her husband, Nick, who's become the head of the shrimp industry here is standing on the doorstep trying to get the two oldest children out the door, while guessing the wind pattern. I check that my gun is safely nestled in its holder with the safethy on, and I greet all the kids.
I say bye to Nick and I go inside trying to find Christine, who is meanwhile busy changing the diper of her youngest: Alfred? Yes... Alfred!
Alf, as I call him is making all kinds of giggly noises as the two of us try and get him changed. Christine tells me of all the problems they've been having lately with the family and the Shrimp. Apparently Nick's Assistant June was in an automobile accident, when she was hit by a truck. She's uncontious. She's been in a coma for what seems like months.
For lunch we decide to head to the pub and grab some food. Alecia makes some of the best grilled-cheese sandwiches I've ever had, and as I result I scarf about 4! The Ale is good too. I ask Alecia to pack me a bunch of sauages and walk Christine back home. I pick up my car and head for Deborah's office. Daniel isn't there, so I walk on through. She's got an associate whom I have never met before and I get him out the door before he realises what hit him, and Deb and I alugh as we spend the rest of the afternoon chatting about what's going on in the big city, and how her sister's doing... Liz just happens to live in my building.
Chris called me at about three and asked me if I could pick him up. Apparently Ida (who's his secretary) asked if she could borrow the car to go and pick her boyfriend up. (He was coming in from the city this evening.)
Anyway, I left Deb's office and I walked down the street to Chris's office.
(Here's a little discribtion of Chris's place, Michelle and I will figure it out properly some other time)
The sterile walls are the first things that strike me. I don't understand why psychologists always have sterile walls. They make me uncomfortable. I guess that's because of all the times I've been in the hospital to begin with. I always seem to get shot... Ask Michelle. She's the one that constantly has to bail me out! Anyway... I was talking about the walls... There are a couple of chairs in the waitingroom. Ida's already left. Her stuff is gone and her work place in maticulously clean. Such a neat-nick! I wait until his last patient comes out... Daniel! Wow... I never expected that... or did I? We exchange a couple words, but he looks like he really wants to get away from me, so I let him leave.
I walk into Chris's office to find him on the phone... With Michelle.. who else? And I browse around the books he has on his wall. "Criminological Theories" by Acker... Good book.. I have one of those too. "Psychological atrocities." Another odd book that looks vaguely familiar... ANd then the one I gave him a couple years ago: "Russian Military Psychology." I miss that book. I read it twice before I forked it over to him.
When he's finally finished with the call I look up at him and Smile. He tells me that we're in charge of dinner, and I inform him that I already have sausages! Woopdiie dooo! A few moments later we lock the place up and we get out locking the door behind us.
That night after dinner we spent our time playing scrabble... I hate playing with Nerds like Chris and Michelle... I wonder when they even find time to memorise the dictionary! After loosing by what seems like 100 points. Then I head to bed, spent by another day.

No comments: