Tuesday, December 02, 2008

TV

At the moment television is having a boom. The writers strike did it a lot of good and we're getting some really good television out of it. Albight a lot of it is some sort of twist on a FBI show.
Let's have a look at some of them:

  1. Bones: This season has once again been top notch. The characters are prehaps even wittier than before.
  2. Boston Legal: This show keeps getting better and better. This season is seeing a whole new kind of funny.
  3. Dr. Who: Actually one of the 2 shows from the UK i'm watching at the moment. David Tennant the current Dr is leaving with an introduction to the new one on christmas day. A must see for any sci-fi lover!
  4. Eleventh Hour: X-files-y but good. It's biology and FBI cases in one. It's new though so who knows where it will go.
  5. Fringe: Another great twist on the old story. FBI agents that investigate fringe science. It's got bad guys, good guys, science and a whole lot of funny. It's new, so we'll have to keep an eye on it, but it looks like a keeper. Then again I said that about Studio 60.
  6. House: Everyone's favorite doctor. The man's a nut. Brilliant but a nut and I love him for it. It's become a lot more melodramatic, but none the less there is craziness!
  7. Stargate Atlantis: In it's last season and I'm loving it more than ever. The original lasted a good 10 years and I didn't regret any of it. This is adding to the tradition. Even with the last movie being dissapointing.
  8. Supernatural: The writing is getting a lot grittier. Yes there is the whole religion thing coming into play, ever since they discovered Angels, but it's nothing like Touched by an Angel and these Angels are just as dangerous as some of the demons.
  9. Top Gear: The other UK show. It's for car nuts and the rest of us alike. Great humor, crazy stunts and adventures. They even occasionally have a 'star in a reasonably priced car' that I know of! This show gets more ludecris and as it does it gets even more addictive. This season just adds to the trend.
  10. Numb3rs: The math is still easy to understand and the stories are good as well as the character development.

These are the ones I'm watching at the moment. But there are some old ones that I'm either getting back into, never lost touch with or discovering for the first time.

  1. Angel: Great stories, great characters and great monsters. It's about life after highschool and the nightmare of it all. RIP
  2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Some of the best writing in television in my opinion. It's Highschool and life after. The difficulties we face and the chalanges that we meet. RIP
  3. Dexter: I just finished watching season 1. If I ever make time to get any further I'll let you know what I think. But it's original and whitty. A must see for any crime buff.
  4. NCIS: I'm actually just getting into this and have just started season 3. So far it's good. I'll let you know what I think when I've caught up
  5. Stargate SG-1: I really miss this show. Especially Richard Dean Anderson. But age gets to everyone. It was good until the end. I mean it, the last episode was dissapointing. Especially the last movie. But it had travel, distant cultures, time jumping, space hopping, physics and people in military uniform... what more could you or would you need? RIP
  6. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: It died too young. It should have survived. The 'sequal' of the West Wing, with the same writers, directors and some of the same actors! RIP
  7. West Wing: Arguably the best show ever made. It had great writing and acting. There was a dip when Aaron Sorkin left, but the last two seasons made more than up for it. If you haven't seen it and like drama with a dash of humor... GO SEE IT!!!! RIP
  8. X-Files: This show will always have a spot in my heart. It really introduced me to television and true script writing. You laughed, you cried and occasionally you were even scared. RIP.

There's probably a lot more. But this is my list.

No comments: